HELP! NFS Kubuntu 11.10

Knapp magick.crow at
Tue May 8 09:02:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Alvin <info at> wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 May 2012 10:39:00 Knapp wrote:
>> Anyone have any ideas about how to solve this? I am a NFS newbie but
>> good with Linux otherwise.
>> I am having a hell of a time getting NFS to work. I think the problem
>> is that portmap was removed but I am not to sure.
> It was. You need to install the /nfs-kernel-server/ package on the server and
> /nfs-common/ on the client for this basic functionality.
>> So I am starting with the basic question of how to you set up NFS on
>> Kubuntu 11.10
>> I am quite at home with command line and vim btw.
>> etc/exports
>> # setting up the server and the client is
>> /home/douglas/KidMovies,insecure,async,no_subtree_check)
>> /home/douglas/Pictures,insecure,async,no_subtree_check)
> That looks fine (for NFSv3).
>> /etc/hosts.allow
>> [..]
> The usage of TCP wrappers is optional
> Also check the official documentation here:

Thanks for helping! But it will not export. I cant' see it at all on
the other computer. I have it working the other way just fine but
can't get this computer to work as you can see but the showmount

Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer:

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.