Does KMail2 work better in 12.04

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sat May 5 08:12:28 UTC 2012

On 05/05/12 09:55, Anton wrote:
> Anton wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I used KMail since I uses KDE (first Suse then Kubuntu).
>> But starting with KMail2 in Kubuntu 11.10 I got
>> to much problems and I switched to Thunderbird.
>>
>> Now my question: does anybody still use KMail2 and if yes,
>> does it work now in 12.04.

To answer this: yes I and many others do though it is sometimes a bumpy
ride.

I only use pop3 accounts and have few problems. Others report of major
headaches with imap, google more often than others (note just my
observations).

In 12.04 the version supplied is 4.8.2 (or 3 if you just upgraded) where
there is a known problem that autocompletion of addresses from
addressbooks while composing a mail is disabled. I also think
Groups/Distribution Lists are not working.

Sinclair