Gigabyte motherboard does not detect my Network Adaptor

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 18:53:45 UTC 2012

Does it work if you boot into the live image from the pen drive?

If not, then 10.04 might not support the network adapter on that board - it's an Atheros GbE LAN chip, and Atheros chips are known to be difficult under Linux. Also that's quite a new chipset and 10.04 is quite old.
There might be a proprietary driver for it (try the Restricted Drivers Manager).

If not then it might be better supported in a newer Kernel - e.g. with 11.10
If that doesn't work then Googling will turn up a number of threads - you may need to download and install the driver manually.

Mark