KDE 4.8.1 showstopper - for me at least

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 26 13:54:29 UTC 2012

On 26/03/12 23:56, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>  wrote:
>> On 24/03/12 00:47, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa wrote:
>>> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 9:01 AM, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>
>>>   wrote:
>>
>> [pruned]

>>> Sure, I have a mail filter configured, and I get ~500 mails a day and
>>> that filter have to parse them, while Thunderbird get the mails, apply
>>> the filter, and move the messages to another folder, it doesn't
>>> respond..
>>
>> I am not sure what you are saying here - "it doesn't respond".
> Just that: it doesn't respond... it is "stuck".  I have 5 imap mail
> accounts configured there, and 500 emails to filter on one of these
> (~750 received) is enough to keep Thunderbird busy (as in: it will not
> let me type the password for the other account) for quite some time,
> until it finish filtering the mails (or just allows for *very slow*
> typing, showing two characters very 10 seconds or so).

Hi,

I am going to respond very quickly as I am about to fall out of my chair
and fall asleep :-) .

But why would you need to type in your password for each account? TB
stores the password for each account and doesn't require you to type in
it each time.

The other thing - and here I have cut out a lot of what you wrote - is:
have you looked in TB at-

Edit>Preferences>Attachments

and in the Advice column you, by clicking on the little pointing down
triangle, select to Delete attachments of particular types -eg, pdf, or
jpeg and so on?

Off to bed, sorry for the "quickie" reply :-) .

BC

--
The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
              Niccolo Machiavelli