Webcam - sound

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Mar 3 10:22:29 UTC 2012

On 03/03/12 20:45, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> On 03/03/12 09:35, Basil Chupin wrote:
>>> Yes. I have already looked at that. My default sound card works fine.
>>> However, when I plug in the webcam and then F6 for the list of sound
>>> cards I see one for the USB Device. When I choose that I get the message
>>>    'This sound device does not have any playback controls'. I try F4 and
>>> get a slider for Capture.
>> I didn't say F4 - I said F5.
>>

> OK. F5 for show all. All the sliders are activated. However at the right
> end of the screen there are two marked Mic and Front Mic. There are no
> sliders for these. Is that relevant?
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil

There are MIC, MIC1 <select> where you select MIC1 or MIC2 by using the
up/down key, and AMIC.

As I have had the need for any of these I don't know what they do except
to conclude that they have something to do with activating a microphone
(?for Skype, ?for webcam). Oh, there is also the Mic Boost setting in
all that.

BC

--
The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly of the vulgar.
                    Niccolo Machiavelli