5 years of support..!!??

Leslie Anne Chatterton lahc2007 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 08:58:09 UTC 2012

Bill,

It seems to me that it is no more work to support two overlapping LTS than
one. Security updates are going to be the same and bug fixes are supplied
by the developers. Canonical just packages them and sends then out.

I haven't seen, nor do I expect to see, any less quality in Kubuntu. It has
certainly improved in my 4 years of using it, in both small and large ways.
If you don't like it there is always Windows ;-)

Since the next LTS will have 5 years support it wouldn't surprise me if the
date for its successor is pushed ahead to 2017. That could save Canonical a
lot of work.

Sent from my Motorola Xoom Android tablet