NetBeans LooknFeel

Andrew d~_*b theunknownandrew at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 15:13:50 UTC 2012

On Fri 06 Apr 2012 9:52:29 PM Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Any suggestions as to how to get netbeans to look half way decent in Kubuntu
> 12.04? the best I have so far is:
>
> netbeans --laf com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel -J-
> Dswing.aatext=true -J-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on
>
> And it still looks terrible - I think anti aliasing is still turned off

I know its a very late reply but FWIW ...

I use the Nimbus L&F netbeans --laf Nimbus
and have text Anti Aliasing switched on System wide (System Settings > Application Appearance > Fonts)
and It appears good.

IMHO both the Nimbus & Metal L&f is better than the GTK L&F on a KDE system and the GTK L&F looks good when used on the GNOME DE

-- &RU Chelladurai