Erratic mouse behavior in 12.04

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 6 10:57:56 UTC 2012

On 06/06/12 20:14, O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 06/06/2012 07:34, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> On 05/06/12 21:19, O. Sinclair wrote:
>>> On 05/06/2012 11:19, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> [...........]

>>> While I agree with you and while it is not undoable build-your-own is
>>> way more complicated with laptops/notebooks. I have not owned a
>>> desktop since... more than 15 years coming up on 20.
>>
>> My comments were directed at only the desktop computers because I don't
>> think that it is even possible to build one's own laptop.
>>
>> Perhaps it is possible? I don't know as I not only don't own a laptop
>> but have never looked into the possibility of building one. I guess it
>> may be possible by buying a "clunker" and then refurbishing it with bits
>> of one's choosing - dunno. Anyone know the answer?
>>
> I looked at it some years ago but it simply was not really worth the
> effort. There are "barebone" notebooks too (or used to be at least)
> but I would rather make sure I get a good one. And take my word for
> it, before I replace this one RESEARCH is the word. Would love to buy
> System76 but too expensive to get to where I live.

Ah, so there is such a thing as "barebones" - but I am talking here
about "start with nothing but a list of components and take it from
there" :-) .

Also, notebooks are not really laptops, are they? May as well have an
iPad or an iPhone. Playthings for those who are not really serious.....:-) .

One of the things I do know about laptops is that when I go looking for
bits for a desktop I find that the same bits I want for a desktop are at
least ~40% more expensive for a laptop.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.1 x86_64 KDE 4.8.3 and kernel 3.4.1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor