Erratic mouse behavior in 12.04

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 10:14:34 UTC 2012

On 06/06/2012 07:34, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 05/06/12 21:19, O. Sinclair wrote:
>> On 05/06/2012 11:19, Basil Chupin wrote:
> [...........]
>

>>> Unbelievable.......
>>>
>>> Which only confirms my conclusion I came to many years ago never to buy
>>> any brand name computer (Dell, HP, Acer, whatever...) but build my own
>>> using components which *I* chose to go into the box. The last "branded"
>>> box I bought was way back in 1989. (What was the brand? I just don't
>>> remember - nor care.)
>>>
>>> BC
>>>
>> While I agree with you and while it is not undoable build-your-own is
>> way more complicated with laptops/notebooks. I have not owned a
>> desktop since... more than 15 years coming up on 20.
>
> My comments were directed at only the desktop computers because I don't
> think that it is even possible to build one's own laptop.
>
> Perhaps it is possible? I don't know as I not only don't own a laptop
> but have never looked into the possibility of building one. I guess it
> may be possible by buying a "clunker" and then refurbishing it with bits
> of one's choosing - dunno. Anyone know the answer?

I looked at it some years ago but it simply was not really worth the
effort. There are "barebone" notebooks too (or used to be at least) but
I would rather make sure I get a good one. And take my word for it,
before I replace this one RESEARCH is the word. Would love to buy
System76 but too expensive to get to where I live.

Sinclair