Timezone setting

Steve Riley stvrly at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 17:11:01 UTC 2012

On 2012-06-05 14:50:38 Mark Fraser <mfraz74+ubuntu at gmail.com> wrote:

> That sounds logical, think it should be made a bit clearer though. I had set
> my timezone in both places and when I hovered over the clock, I saw my
> timezone duplicated.

If you go "Digital Clock Settings | Time Zones" and _deselect_ all selected
zones, you'll see that "Clock defaults to" goes gray. In this mode, when you
hover over the clock, you'll see only the system's time zone. You were seeing
duplicates because you had selected the same time zone in the list as the time
zone your system is in.

In my case, I choose only one item in the list: UTC. I set "Clock defaults to"
to be "local." Now, when I hover over the clock, I see two items: my local
time and UTC.

I agree, though, the explanation could be clearer.

...Steve