Erratic mouse behavior in 12.04

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 5 06:26:18 UTC 2012

On 03/06/12 00:48, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Em s�bado, 02 de junho de 2012, �s 16:40:26, Basil Chupin escreveu:
>> On 31/05/12 03:40, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
>>
>> [...........]
>>
>>> It's not that I'm ignoring your suggestion, it's just that it's not so
>>> simple to test it. Right now, Xorg can't even see the nvidia GPU. It is
>>> "disabled", so to speak (not exactly, is on and consuming power, but it's
>>> invisible for the system). Only the Intel GPU is visible
>> Forgive me if I am misunderstanding something here...... but whatever
>> graphic device you want to use is controlled by what you set it to be in
>> your BIOS.
>>
>> Are you saying that you have your BIOS set to use the Intel GPU on the
>> motherboard?
> No, unfortunately my BIOS does not have an option to set the GPU to be used. I
> wish it had, it would be so much simpler to use the nvidia GPU...

[.........]

I am not ignoring what you wrote in what I have just trimmed and neither
am I belabouring the point, but I find it most strange that your BIOS -
even if it is on a Dell computer - not to have the ability to choose
which video to use.

As far as I know - which is not much - your BIOS will show the standard
options when you enter the BIOS settings (?CTRL-DEL? or does Dell use
some other combination of keys?) but then if you press something like
CTRL-Fx you will get additional options displayed. Have you tried this
to see what those "hidden" options are?

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.1 x86_64 KDE 4.8.3 and kernel 3.4.0 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor