12.04 installer crashes at manual partitioning

Lutz Ostkamp lostkamp at uos.de
Sun Jul 29 01:42:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to install Kubuntu 12.04 on my desktop. I have set up an
encrypted LVM with a root, swap, and separate home partition + an
unencrypted /boot, and I have manually formatted them.

When I start the installer, I get to manual partitioning, where I want
to set mount points etc. When I set the settings for a partition in the
popup window and then click OK, the installer quits and I get back to
the live dekstop, without an error message. (like described here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/base-installer/+bug/572622)

This usually happens on the second partition I set up, the first works
fine. It is not tied to a specific partition, because I have tried
different orders.

Workarounds described here did not work:

Now, is this a known problem, and are there any workarounds? I remember
having the same problem when I installed 11.10 on my laptop, but I got
it to work after a few attempts there.

Using the alternate CD is not really an option at the moment, because I
have wiped my PC, and I can't burn another CD (unless you can burn one
from the live system with only one CD drive?).

Any help is appreciated!

greets,
Lutz