Chrome Updated, Now Flash Won't Work In Firefox

A.D. Burrows burrowsad at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 13:18:31 UTC 2012

On Sunday, July 08, 2012 09:59:00 PM Dimitris Kardarakos wrote:
> On Saturday, July 07, 2012 08:38:44 PM A.D. Burrows wrote:
> > Please, how can I get Flash apps to work again? (Please note that I'm
> > not a very advanced user, I'll probably need some hand-holding through
> > this.)
>
> Can you check in folder /etc/alternatives, if a file like
> "mozilla-flashplugin" exists?
>
> If it is a link, can you check to what file is pointing to? (executing
> 'ls -lrt' on /etc/alternatives)
>
> Does the destination of the link really exist?

Dimitris, thanks very much for your attention. I appreciate your
trying to help. I fixed the top-reply for you.

It exists and it's a link.

/etc/alternatives/mozilla-flashplugin points to
/usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so

And /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so seems to exist.
And ls -ls gives this info about it.
17000 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 17406436 2012-07-03 20:51
/usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so

Does that name and directory seem a little odd to you? Can it function
with Firefox if it belongs to root?