KNetworkmanager: no reliable WIFI connections.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 13:22:43 UTC 2012

Hello everybody
Thanks for all your feedback so far.

> You could try WiCD - in the repositories.
When taking a look at https://launchpad.net/wicd, it becomes that the
newest versions of WICD has similar problems. See below.
However, I keep this option in mind in case the problems persist.

>  I *think* I read something yesterday which said that the problem was in the kernel and that upgrading the kernel to version *-26 got the problem solved.
> Do a search in Launchpad about this.
On one hand, I did not yet find exactly the article you may be
pointing at. On the other hand, a few other details I found out today
possibly indicate that you might be right.
Elswhere at launchpad I found this bug report:
http://tinyurl.com/bug1014893
I already added a comment there.
A few recent comments on WICD point in the same direction: see
https://launchpad.net/wicd, under the heading "Recent posts".
Those comments aim at similar password and connection problems when
using WICD - a package with the same functionality as KNetworkmanager.
Now, I am working with WIFI - with no interruptions so far. Before the
reboot preceding this session, I did download and install a bunch of
updates. However, I am not sure whether I already installed version
*-26 of the kernel or anything else with a relevant bug fix. I will
report my findings here after a few days.

Respectfully yours,
Bas Roufs.