No network on 12.04 install

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sun Jul 1 13:28:15 UTC 2012

On 01/07/12 22:34, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>> Eh, sorry Dotan, but me thinks that it would appear that there is something
>> wrong with the mobo :-( .
>>
>> But have you tried using a (borrowed) network card?
>>
> I tend to agree with you on this, but then why isn't it getting an IP
> address when connecting via wifi over USB wifi adapter? I tried on two
> separate known-good access points that I can connect to with other
> equipment.

On the surface this appears to be a most reasonable question.

But what is now required - and which is always required when trying to
solve a problem - is to eliminate the variables which, in this case, is
trying out a (borrowed) network card. Once this has been tested then one
can concentrate on other possible causes of the problem :-) . Until this
is eliminated as a possible cause then your question comes to the
forefront :-) .

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.8.4 and kernel 3.4.4 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor