kde 4.8 - file indexing service not running

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:51:10 UTC 2012

Sigh.

after all worked nicely for almost I day I shut down laptop and went
home. Start it up again to find no search, no indexing.

Go to System Settings for Desktop Search and find error message "file
indexing service not running".

And for sure, not a sign of virtuoso-t or nepomukindexer or anything.
While most things work it is not what I want.

Any hints on how to get it up and running, google is not of much help
and all I try end with, at best, (from CLI) "there is no configuration
file virtuoso.ini".

Sinclair