Kmail not working in 4.8

Steve Riley stvrly at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 21:56:03 UTC 2012

On 2012-01-27 07:26:18 Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 01:07:47 PM Steve Riley wrote:
> >
> > I've found that Akonadi's first attempt at creating resources will appear
> > to succeed, but the resources sometimes don't work. Open the Akonadi
> > Console, delete the Mail Dispatcher Agent, then re-create it. I've had to
> > do this to get outbound SMTP to work.
>
> I've had problems with the Account Wizard creating resources that just don't
> work - not sure what is going on as they appear ok. But if I delete them
> and recreate the IMAP resource manually it works fine (mostly)

I've never trusted that wizard; I always create my accounts manually. By doing
it this way, my IMAP resources have always worked, but the initial SMTP
resource has been broken about half the time.

Akonadi/Nepomuk/Strigi still appear to be somewhat brittle, but they're
improving, which is good.

--Steve