Kmail not working in 4.8

George Labuschagne george.labuschagne at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 08:05:07 UTC 2012

Hi all

I updated to 4.8 via the backports PPA. I started with a fresh clean home directory.

Kmail seems broken. I created two imap accounts. One a gmail one. When I go to the configuration screen and select the account and then click 'Modify' nothing happens at all.

Also I cannot send any mails anymore via smtp on my gmail account or other account.

When I now open kmail, it only says 'Loading.../Inbox' in the window title bar but no new email ever arrives.

What should I do?

Kind regards,

George Labuschagne
Cell: +27 83 451 9443