Very slick 4.8

Thomas Tanghus Olsen thomas at tanghus.net
Thu Jan 26 14:37:08 UTC 2012

Trying out the new icon only task bar. Not sure if I can get used to it, but
it does have some slick effects :-)

Things seem to work very smoothly, except I had no kwin after upgrade
apparently because I was running kde-window-manager-gles. After installing
kde-window-manager I could log in again, but because it took me a while to
realize I was missing the kwin binary, I had wiped my plasma* and kwin*
config.

Problem is now that I can't log out. It simply hangs with a black screen, so I
have to restart kdm via the console, thus loosing settings for my monitor and
- I presume - any plasma modifications.
Not that I log out a lot, but kernel upgrades seems to come in a fast pace, so
I do have to reboot once in a while.

Any idea of what can be halting the log out, or is there a command to force
sync all unsaved configurations?

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus Olsen