Partition Won't Mount Properly at Boot

Paul Bromwell Jr pdbromwelljr at cinci.rr.com
Thu Jan 26 00:25:34 UTC 2012

I have an NTFS partition that doesn't mount properly at boot, meaning
that it mounts but in read-only mode.The funny thing is, I can mount it
manually and it will work in read/write. But only when it boots does it
mount in read-only. I use the partition to store OS-independent data
(Windows 7 / Kubuntu 11.10 dual-boot) so it's really annoying when I
boot up the computer and go right to Eclipse, and Eclipse complains that
it can't find the folder because it's not mounted. I have to go back
out, open up Dolphin, click on the partition to mount it, then return to
Eclipse. I've already run chkdsk on the partition and Windows reports 0
errors. Anything else I can do? The other idea I had in mind was to
create a script to mount it and then have Kubuntu run that script at
boot, see if it makes a difference.
--
*Paul Bromwell*
/IT Professional/