Nepomuk performance

Steve Riley stvrly at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 20:26:13 UTC 2012

On 2012-01-19 18:59:06 Mark Greenwood <fatgerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation. I still think I prefer Thunderbird: Enter email
> address and password. Use Email. That's it.
>
> Mark

Yeah, for a long time I used Thunderbird too, because Akonadi didn't feel
ready. But with Precise and KDE 4.8, I've noticed a distinct improvement in
quality. Akonadi even seems to work OK with SQLite as its backend, and
Virtuoso no longer hogs the CPU. And since I really like KMail as an
application, I'm happy that I can bend it to my will and it'll stay there.

--Steve