openshot fails with locale error

Michael Renner michael.renner at gmx.de
Wed Jan 11 20:02:06 UTC 2012

Moin,

I use kubuntu 10.04 LST. When I start openshot it fails:

renner at mars:~$ openshot

(process:10518): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
        Using the fallback 'C' locale.
--------------------------------
   OpenShot (version 1.1.3)
--------------------------------
Process no longer exists: 10337.  Creating new pid lock file.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/openshot", line 57, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openshot/openshot.py", line 44, in main
    locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, '')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/locale.py", line 513, in setlocale
    return _setlocale(category, locale)
locale.Error: unsupported locale setting

My locales are:
renner at mars:~$ locale
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
LANG=en_US
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="en_US"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US"
LC_TIME="en_US"
LC_COLLATE=POSIX
LC_MONETARY="en_US"
LC_MESSAGES=de_DE
LC_PAPER="en_US"
LC_NAME="en_US"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US"
LC_ALL=

What is wrong?

Thanks

--
|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner at gmx.de  |
|81541 Munich        skype: michael.renner.gmx.de   |