Dolhpin Can't Mount SD Cards From Camera Nautilus Can

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 00:14:41 UTC 2012

Em domingo 01 janeiro 2012, Swapnil Bhartiya escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> Today I connected my Nikon D7000 camera to Kubuntu and it popped a
> message to open it with either DigiKam, Dolphin or GwenView. I
> selected Dolphin but all it showed was some crazy folder which had
> no content in them. It also did not show the two SD carded in the
> left pane. I open the camera with Nautilus under Ubuntu and it
> mounted the cards as simple mass storage. How to use KDE/Kubuntu
> with my camera?
>
> Swapnil

I have a Nikon S9100 and Dolphin can't access the SD card when I plug
the camera in neither. However, this camera does not function as a card
reader when you plug it in. It is not a mass storage device like a usb
stick.
Dolphin tries to access the camera using camera:/ and the device is
shown as a "USB PTP Class Camera". However, I can't see its contents in
Dolphin, it says "Loading folder" forever and never show the contents of
the SD card.
However, if I remove the SD card from the camera and use a card reader,
I can read it in the same USB port.
Probably it is the same with your camera, but I don't know why Dolphin
can't access it directly.
I have other cameras that behave as a PTP device, but they allow me to
configure them as mass storage/card reader, therefore I can read their
cards when I connect them to the computer. The Nikon, however,  doesn't,
so I always have to read its card using a card reader.

[]'s
Marcelo