Dolhpin Can't Mount SD Cards From Camera Nautilus Can

Swapnil Bhartiya swapnil.bhartiya at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 23:04:08 UTC 2012

On 01/10/2012 11:48 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:

>> Kubuntu 11.10. Yes, these devices mount fine but when you mount a
>> device where the SD card is still inserted in the device such as my
>> Nikon n7000 it doesn't open the mounted folder. It doesn't even appear
>> in the list of mounted devices at the left side pane.
>>
>> Swapnil
>
> I don't suppose the device you are trying to plug in is using the same
> USB port as the one with the SD card in it? You cannot have 2 devices
> using the same USB port - one of them will not work.

It works fine under Nautilus/Gnome. It mounts as two SD cards (D7000
comes with 2SD cards). It doesn't work under KDE/Kubuntu. Had removed
Kubuntu and using Gnome will reinstall and get back later as we are
leaving for a trip and can't keep Kubuntu as we won't be able to take
backup from the camera.

Swapnil