Dolhpin Can't Mount SD Cards From Camera Nautilus Can

Kaj Haulrich kaj at haulrich.net
Tue Jan 10 13:02:26 UTC 2012

On 01/10/2012 01:30 PM, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:43 AM, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>  wrote:
>> On 10/01/12 13:56, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa wrote:
>>
>>> Ok... Maybe, I should ask this: what version are you guys using? I'm
>>> not having any of the issues you describe, and I have used:
>>>
>>> + flashdrives
>>> + encrypted external hard drive
>>> + Phone.
>>>
>>> All of them were correctly mounted, and I was able to browse them with
>>> Dolphin.  I'm using Oneric with KDE packages from kubuntu ppa.

Maybe it's the same bug as in 12.04 (precise pangolin): if Dolphin is
set to open in 'split view' mode, then it fails to read external
devices, such as an USB-stick. Disable 'split view' and it opens OK.
After it opens, you can enable 'split view' again and everything is dandy.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
--- Sent from a 100% Microsoft-free computer---
--------- Running Linux Kubuntu 12.04 ---------