Browser prob

Bill Vance kbun at xpresso.seaslug.org
Sat Jan 7 07:36:58 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 11:36:47AM +0200, O. Sinclair wrote:
>Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 11:36:47 +0200
>From: "O. Sinclair" <o.sinclair at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Browser prob
>
>On 05/01/12 10:45, Bill Vance wrote:
>>On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 11:13:12AM +0000, Mark Greenwood wrote:
>>>Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 11:13:12 +0000
>>>From: Mark Greenwood<fatgerman at gmail.com>
>>>Subject: Re: Browser prob

>>>Bill,
>>>
>>>Enable the 'partner' repository and 'sudo apt-get install
>>>adobe-flashplugin adobe-flash-properties-kde' will get you
>>>the latest version of flash and the KDE system settings
>>>module that will help you configure it.
>>>
>>>Mark
>>

>>Wait a minute, does pulse audio actually work on KUbuntu
>>now?  Did everything sugested in this session, and still no
>>joy.  :-(
>>
>>Bill
>>

>on my 11.10 it does, has worked OK since 11.04 but tricky to get
>settings alright. Which is why Veromix is one of my recommendations
>to get eg mic on Skype working

Well I guess that explains that.  I'm running 10.04.  I
guess you _could_ say that I did just get it working, but
only by going into preferences, and setting every video
setting to dragon player.  This opens up an entirely
different window to play the video in, but at least there's
sound.  Now to see if download helper will work this way.

Thanks for all the help.

Bill