gui login problem

uteck theuteck at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 18:14:47 UTC 2012

If it does then remove it again, but since removing it the first time
did not solve the problem I think it may have been something else
causing it.  It's up to you if you feel like exploring what the cause
was.

If you have lots of bookmarks in konqueror and passwords in kwallet,
then you can just copy the settings for them.  Thoughs are the two
things that I usually backup since I can reproduce everything else in
a fresh KDE session.

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Errol Sapir <errol at tzora.co.il> wrote:
> Won't it bring back the "bug" I had?
> Errol
>

> On 06/01/2012 16:24, uteck wrote:
>>
>> You can move the old .kde folder back in place and that should restore
>> all your old settings.
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Errol Sapir<errol at tzora.co.il>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Bruce, Mark, Uteck&  Michael
>>>
>>> I tried your previous suggestions.
>>>  Making a new KDE setup by removing the old one did nothing to change the
>>> situation. The xorg.0 log was so long I couldn't understand anything .
>>> The
>>> ls commands showed me that I was the owner. So I decided to do the
>>> drastic
>>> thing. I copied my home drive to an external disk, reformatted everything
>>> and now I can enter my Kubuntu with my gui name and password. All that
>>> remains now is to get everything back the way I want it.
>>> All this was done before seeing the new suggestions made in the letter
>>> below.
>>> Thank you for all the help you provided, even though I didn't solve my
>>> problem in a correct way, I learnt a lot.
>>> Errol

>>> --

no .sig found
Please restart your browser.