gui login problem

Errol Sapir errol at tzora.co.il
Fri Jan 6 05:06:22 UTC 2012

Hi Bruce, Mark, Uteck & Michael
I tried your previous suggestions.
  Making a new KDE setup by removing the old one did nothing to change
the situation. The xorg.0 log was so long I couldn't understand anything
. The ls commands showed me that I was the owner. So I decided to do the
drastic thing. I copied my home drive to an external disk, reformatted
everything and now I can enter my Kubuntu with my gui name and password.
All that remains now is to get everything back the way I want it.
All this was done before seeing the new suggestions made in the letter
below.
Thank you for all the help you provided, even though I didn't solve my
problem in a correct way, I learnt a lot.
Errol