New kernel (.14) and window issues

Mark Haney mark.haney at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 13:09:14 UTC 2012

It could be the video card, however, mentioning the desktop effects
triggered a thought about that.

Up until this kernel, when the systems boots and kdm comes up I've been
getting a notice about desktop effects being disabled because the system is
too slow. (it's fine hardware wise just not cutting edge) I've never
changed it to stay disabled on boot.

With this kernel I'm not seeing that notification and I'm wondering if
that's causing the problem, effects are loading and it's chewing up my
system.

I'll take a look when I get home. Thanks for the reply.