New kernel (.14) and window issues

Mark Haney mark.haney at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 23:02:40 UTC 2012

I'm not really sure where to go with this, as I've never really seen
anything quite like this, but I ungraded to the generic .14 kernel and
now on one my boxes it bombs on boot (separate issue) and on the one
I"m on now it boots and loads up fine _except_ for the fact that the
top part of all my windows are missing (not the text menu parts, just
the Title bar with the Icon on the left and the
Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons on the right.

I've also noticed that when this is going on and I click on something
else (say the start menu) the current window doesn't lose focus it
just appears over top of whatever I've just opened.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?  For me, it's ridiculously
frustrating since I've had to fall back on the .13 kernel.  I'm not a
novice linux person either, I've been using them since the RH4 days.

Any ideas?

--
Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Mark Haney