gui login problem

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Wed Jan 4 18:24:27 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, January 04, 2012 17:43:32 Errol Sapir wrote:
> Hi Uteck
> I didn't quite understand the question. What happens is that the gui
> login screen with my name in it comes up (as it always had), and when I
> type my password the screen goes blank for a moment and then the same
> screen reappears, asking for my password.
> Errol

This is sometimes (usually) due to some reason that KDE can't be started....

Such as a /home  that can't be found or belongs to someone else.  Usually
though there is a message to at least tell you something is wrong if not
exactly what.

Use the menu drop down from the login menu to try a different window mgr as
suggested....  and if possible.  Might get you further to finding the problem.