Akonadi etc (Neil Winchurst)

Neil Winchurst barnaby at drofle.co.uk
Thu Feb 23 17:54:13 UTC 2012

On 23/02/12 13:50, Pablo Carbonell-Klempt wrote:
> Hello Neil,
>
> Maybe this could throw some light on the subject:
>
> http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi
>
> You may definitively look for another distro and desktop.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Pablo Carbonell-Klempt

Thanks for that. I do not use any of the programs or widgets that
need/use akonadi. I have also made sure that akonadi is not started at
log in. That is fine, but what annoys me is that I cannot simply remove
it. The whole advantage of Linux to me is that I should be able to
remove any package which I don't want. This appears not to be possible
with akonadi without causing a lot of trouble. IMO that is not how Linux
programs should be. Just my personal opinion.

Thanks

Neil