[Kubuntu11.10_64Bit]-Wine1.4rc4_PPA-"public key is not available"?

ray burke rayburke30 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 19:48:52 UTC 2012

On 2/22/12, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman at gmail.com> wrote:

> How did you add the wine PPA? If you used software sources you will need to
> add the public signing key as well - this allows the software manager to
> check that the packages are signed (i.e. they are genuine). You can find
> this on the PPA page.
>
> However, the easiest way to add a PPA is from a terminal, it does all the
> necessary steps for you. Just remove the one you added from software sources
> and then do:
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
>
> This will add the software source and the signing key in one step. Your
> update manager will then stop complaining.
>
> Mark
>

> On 21 Feb 2012, at 21:53, Jesse Palser wrote:
>
>> [Kubuntu11.10_64Bit]-Wine1.4rc4_PPA-"public key is not available"?
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Running current Wine version 1.4 RC #4
>> on Kubuntu 11.10 64Bit OS (fully updated).
>>
>> I added the Wine 1.4 PPA to my "Software Sources",
>> but now "Update Manager" constantly complains:
>> "The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
>> not available" ?
>> (Wine 1.4 RC #4 works fine)
>>
>> How do I fix the above error?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Jesse
>>
>> --

Mark Greenwood,

I did the above what you said and open a terminal and imputed-
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
but it came back saying-

rayburke at rayburke-desktop:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
[sudo] password for rayburke:
Error reading https://launchpad.net/api/1.0/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa:
<urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:490: EOF occurred in violation of
protocol>
rayburke at rayburke-desktop:~$

do you know what the problem would be?

ray