apt-get install problem

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Feb 15 01:41:49 UTC 2012

Greetings people;

I have a deb (openscam, a graphics preview that converts rs-274D gcode into
a preview of what the milling machine would carve when that code is
executed by this openscam program) package sitting in
/var/cache/apt/archives that I would like to install.  However apt-get
insists on telling me that this file does not exist even when I give apt-
get the full pathlist/name.deb.

I don't use apt enough to be well versed in its cli nuances, doing the
maintenance with synaptic 99% of the time, so what option do I give it to
make it use this already downloaded package?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
I can't decide whether to commit suicide or go bowling.
		-- Florence Henderson