Major problem with Oneiric 11.10 freezing

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Mon Feb 13 08:15:12 UTC 2012

Tom Bell wrote:
> On 02/13/2012 01:02 AM, Nils Kassube wrote:
> > Tom Bell wrote:
> >> Most of the time when I start a program, Thunderbird, Firefox,
> >> Dolphin, etc., it will delay anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes and even
> >> then there is no guarantee that it will actually start.
> >
> > It could be a failing harddisk. Have a look at "/var/log/syslog" if
> > there is any hint. Or it could be a network share which is not
> > reachable, but I think that in this case the application should
> > finally start. Again, there should be a hint in "/var/log/syslog".
>
> This is the log:
[...]
> I see nothing of significance in it.
> Do you?

No, I don't see anything either - it seems like I guessed wrong ...

On the screenshots you mentioned in the other mail, it looks quite
strange: While both CPUs are at 100% at the CPU history display, there
is no process of high CPU usage at the output of the "top" command. But
I have no idea what that means.

Nils