Canonical pulls the plug on Kubuntu

Ryan Gauger rtgkid at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 23:30:40 UTC 2012

On 02/07/2012 06:16 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>

> Today I bring the disappointing news that Canonical will no longer be
> funding my work on Kubuntu after 12.04. Canonical wants to treat
> Kubuntu in the same way as the other community flavors such as
> Edubuntu, Lubuntu, and Xubuntu, and support the projects with
> infrastructure. This is a big challenge to Kubuntu of course and KDE
> as well.
>

> http://lwn.net/Articles/479710/

I am sorry about this. Canonical did treat Kubuntu as though it was
higher (which it was in my opinion) than any other Ubuntu derivative. In
my opinion, Kubuntu is the best Linux distribution that uses KDE by
default. KDE in my opinion is beautiful, and with the OS X Lion default
space wallpaper, it looks as attractive as OS X Lion. No other desktop
environment (or distribution) is as beautiful as KDE or Kubuntu either.