How best to make daily routine backups from netbook to 2 external HD's?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 6 22:22:09 UTC 2012

On 06/02/12 21:20, Bas G. Roufs wrote:

> Hello Loukas and Everybody Else
>

> Thanks everybody for all the useful advise that came in so far in this
> thread.

[pruned]

> Now, I come to the question for you, Loukas.
>
> Mark Greenwood advises me to reformat both external hard disks to EXT4
> - at least, when using RSYNC and/or KTARDIS. Does this advise also
> apply to LuckyBackup? In other words: can I avoid the problems I have
> had with the NH92 if I reformat it from FAT32 to EXT4?
>
> For you, Mark: I am happy to reformat both external HD's to EXT4 if
> necessary. A third small sized external HD I have for exchange of data
> with Windows and Mac computers. Question for everybody: which format
> is best for such a purpose: FAT32 or NTFS?
>
> This is it for now. Respectfully yours,
>
> Bas.

I am not Loukas, but why don't you simply partition your 2T drive into 3
partitions and format each one for the file system you will be using -
eg, Windows NTFS, Linux ext4, and MAC I don't know what they use now -
is it still HPS?

BC

--
A three-year-old boy was examining his testicles while taking a bath.
"Mum" he asked, "are these my brains?"