Nepomuk performance

Bruce Bales bbales at cox.net
Sun Feb 5 20:41:37 UTC 2012

On 02/03/2012 05:34 PM, Mark Greenwood wrote:

> On 3 Feb 2012, at 22:44, Steve Riley wrote:
>
>> On 2012-02-03 23:29:19 Valter Mura <valtermura at gmail.com
>> <mailto:valtermura at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> steps.

>> Forwarding
>> "When a

>> configure
>> entering

>> Return to
>> sent-mail and
>> and set
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have to say that, after having applied this procedure, Kmail seems
>> to have
>> > start to work properly again, for which I am *very happy*. I've
>> started to
>> > use it again! :)
>>
>> Cool! Glad it's working for you.
>>
>> The akonadi-kde-resource-googledata plugin now works for Google
>> calendars in Korganizer, too. Well, it works for your primary
>> calendar, anyway. If you have secondary Google calendars, you still
>> need to configure CalDAV resources for those. See:
>>
>> http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?56434-SOLVED-sync-gmail-amp-kontact-amp-syncevloution-Kubicle-s-how-to&p=278847&viewfull=1#post278847
>> <http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?56434-SOLVED-sync-gmail-amp-kontact-amp-syncevloution-Kubicle-s-how-to&p=278847&viewfull=1#post278847>
>>
>> http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?56434-SOLVED-sync-gmail-amp-kontact-amp-syncevloution-Kubicle-s-how-to&p=278862&viewfull=1#post278862
>> <http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?56434-SOLVED-sync-gmail-amp-kontact-amp-syncevloution-Kubicle-s-how-to&p=278862&viewfull=1#post278862>
>>
>> http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?57137-kmail-gmail-headache&p=286439&viewfull=1#post286439
>> <http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?57137-kmail-gmail-headache&p=286439&viewfull=1#post286439>
>>
>> --Steve
>
> C'Mon people…. email is over 40 years old. It's no longer rocket
> science, it's an everyday activity. If it's this difficult to
> configure a client then something is very wrong with the client in
> terms of fundamental design. This shouldn't be tolerated in something
> which is released for general use. Shame on you, Kubuntu.
>
> Mark

Yes, Shame on you, Kubuntu.  I have used Kubuntu for six or more years
and kmail for probably 10years.  But when I upgraded from Kubuntu 8-04
to 10-04 because I was running out of support time, suddenly everything
was foreign.  Kmail became completely useless and I tried to configure
it for several weeks.  No good, so I tried Thunderbird and it lacks so
much that the old kmail had that I hate to use it.

When you download an iso and install you shouldn't have to spend months
making it into a usable system.  I don't think I will ever be able to
make this 10-04 into something as easy to use and as feature-rich as my
8-04 was.

It almost seems like the designers working on each new version have
said, "How can we make this more complicated?" And they found a way.

bruce