Nepomuk performance

Steve Riley stvrly at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 22:44:36 UTC 2012

On 2012-02-03 23:29:19 Valter Mura <valtermura at gmail.com> wrote:
> In data giovedì 19 gennaio 2012 10:55:54, Steve Riley ha scritto:
> > Success seems to happen only if you follow a certain sequence of steps.
> >
> > $ akonadictl stop
> > $ rm -rfv ~/.local/share/akonadi*
> > $ rm -rfv ~/.config/akonadi/*
> > $ rm -rfv ~/.kde/share/config/*
> > $ akonadictl start
> >
> > Log into your Gmail account via the web. Go to mail settings | Forwarding
> > and POP/IMAP. Under "When I mark..." turn off auto-expunge. Under "When a
> > message..." select "Immediately delete."
> >
> > Then, in KMail, don't use the account wizard. Instead, manually configure
> > your Gmail settings. When configuring your IMAP resource, after entering
> > your Google credentials on the General tab, be sure to go to the Advanced
> > tab and click the Auto Detect button.
> >
> > Let KMail perform its initial sync, then close it. Now open it. Return to
> > the configuration window. Modify your identity and set your sent-mail and
> > drafts folders to the folders on Google. Modify your IMAP resource and set
> > the trash folder to Google.
>
> Hi,
>
> I have to say that, after having applied this procedure, Kmail seems to have
> start to work properly again, for which I am *very happy*. I've started to
> use it again! :)

Cool! Glad it's working for you.

The akonadi-kde-resource-googledata plugin now works for Google calendars in
Korganizer, too. Well, it works for your primary calendar, anyway. If you have
secondary Google calendars, you still need to configure CalDAV resources for
those. See:

http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?56434-SOLVED-sync-gmail-amp-
kontact-amp-syncevloution-Kubicle-s-how-to&p=278847&viewfull=1#post278847

http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?56434-SOLVED-sync-gmail-amp-
kontact-amp-syncevloution-Kubicle-s-how-to&p=278862&viewfull=1#post278862

http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?57137-kmail-gmail-
headache&p=286439&viewfull=1#post286439

--Steve