4.8 on 11.10 - problems with KAddressbook in KMail

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 03:41:39 UTC 2012

On 31/01/12 22:43, Valter Mura wrote:
> Il 27/01/2012 15:55, Bruce Marshall ha scritto:
>> On Friday, January 27, 2012 12:28:00 O. Sinclair wrote:
>>> OK found a couple of problems now..
>>>
>>> after upgrade to KDE 4.8 in Kubuntu 11.10 most things work fine or
>>> great.
>>>
>>> But, once more, my KAdressbook (Personal Contacts) does not "auto fill
>>> in or suggest" when I create a new mail. I get from "recent
>>> addresses" only.
>>>
>>> And my distribution lists went missing again.. can it be THAT
>>> complicated to make sure lists stay between upgrades?
>>>
>>> Anyone confirm the problem, or do not have the problem, or has a
>>> solution I can try?
>>>
>>> Sinclair
>>
>> My personal contacts 'suggests' from time to time but only when you
>> type in
>> the full first name - - like 'bob' in the contact
>>

> I think you have to check "System Settings/Kde Resources/Kde Resources
> tab. There you can setup a new addressbook or an existing one.
>
> Ciao
If it was that easy... KDE Resources is "depreciated", you will find
that any Contacts created that way is "read-only". It is now done in
Akonadi Resources - where I have tried all logical and a few more ways
of creating, deleting, re-creating etc. my Personal Contacts.

No, it simply is not working in 4.8 and I am very far from the only one
having the problem. I reverted to 4.7.4 despite my liking other aspects
of 4.8 much better. But I NEED my KMail to work - and Distribution Lists
also stopped working in 4.8

Best
Sinclair