Bizarre problems with Kontact at a fresh install of Kubuntu 12.10.

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 07:00:16 UTC 2012

On 30/12/2012 21:04, Bas Roufs wrote:
> Dear Everybody,
>
> at present, I am experiencing bizarre problems with Kontact at a fresh
> install of Kubuntu 12.10. The only way to properly explain them, is a
> combination of screenshots and explaining text.
>
> Be so kind to download and view this booklet:
>
> rainbowgathering.eu/Kontact.pdf <http://rainbowgathering.eu/Kontact.pdf>
>
> I have been working quite successfully with Kontact ever since about
> 2010. But the problems I am experiencing now are really weird. I really
> would appreciate your suggestions to get started again with Kontact.

If I compare to my setup you are missing a "Local Folders" resource,
that is where all my mail is displayed by KMail/Kontact.

Mine points to "/home/sinclair/.local/share/local-mail" folder

In both "Contacts" and "Calendar" check in "Settings" menu that the
respctive addressbooks and calenders are activated/chosen

good luck
Sinclair