nvidia ubuntu 12.10 the system is running in low graphics mode

theuteck at gmail.com theuteck at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 17:34:35 UTC 2012

On Saturday, December 29, 2012 05:33:48 PM Dennis Linux wrote:

Hello,

My uncle's Ubuntu 12.10 get's a error with the Nvidia card.
Ist's 'the system is running in low graphics mode'.
I tried the recovery mode but that didn't work for me at all.
Any ideas to fix this strange error?

Dennis

Did you login and check the restricted drivers are enabled?
I had an issue on a box with a Nvidia 9300 card were the normal nvidia driver
would not work well, but the nvidia_curent did when I fist installed it, but
not after a reboot.  Once I manually added nvidia_current to /etc/modules, it
would load and work fine after a reboot.