[quantal] no audio with k9copy

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 15:58:55 UTC 2012

Basil Chupin said the following at 12/27/2012 11:14 PM :

>>> I am sending under a separate private message a copy of the config file
>>> for k9copy for you use or compare. (Note that you will need to write in
>>> your own login name in the path statements.)
>>>
>> Thank you. I will try that tomorrow.
>
> And tomorrow came and went.......
>
> So, what's the result?

Christmas got in the way of a detailed analysis :-)

The quick results made no sense. I have two machines:

Machine #1: crashed the first time I used the file. Then, without any change
whatsoever, it worked fine the second time.

Machine #2: Crashed. And crashed. And crashed. Even after I restored the
original configuration file, k9copy crashed. I haven't been able to reboot
this machine yet, but I'm expecting that when I get that opportunity, the
machine will also be available for proper testing.

FWIW, the only difference between your config file and mine was a couple of
items in the [options] section that should have no bearing whatsoever on audio.

Anyway, this is pretty high on my priority list: it just turned out that it
wasn't the simple 15-minute exercise I expected it to be. I *will* add to this
thread when I've spent more time on the issue.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR