Kubuntu 12.04 and KMail2

Jerry Lapham rjlapham at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 06:46:08 UTC 2012

A few weeks ago I cloned my Kubuntu 11.04 to another partition and upgraded
the clone to 11.10 and then to 12.04.  12.04 seemed to run just fine but I'm
still running 11.04 as my "production system" because I've not found a way to
port my messages, settings, filters, etc. to KMail2.

Using the old KMail, I've been able to put the mail directory and various
KMail settings on my data partition and symlink to them.  That way I could use
the same mail database for more than one Linux version.

Is there any way to do something like that with KMail2?

If not, is there a way to run the old KMail on 12.04 and later updates?  What
would I need to uninstall to get rid of KMail2 and what old KMail files would I
need to copy from 11.04?

If none of the above is practical, is Kmail2 in 12.04 good enough to be worth
the effort to rebuild all my settings and filters from scratch?  Or should I
wait until a later upgrade?  I'd like to get up to date eventually.

	-Jerry
Jerry Lapham
Monroe, OH  45050
rjlapham at gmail.com