[quantal] no audio with k9copy

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 18:20:32 UTC 2012

Basil Chupin said the following at 12/21/2012 09:47 PM :

> I have to ask the obvious question, or two: you do have sound when you
> play a normal DVD? and do you have the correct codecs installed?

Thanks for not assuming anything :-)

But yes, un-copied DVDs play just fine.

> I am sending under a separate private message a copy of the config file
> for k9copy for you use or compare. (Note that you will need to write in
> your own login name in the path statements.)

Thank you. I will try that tomorrow.

> (You should also be aware that the author of k9copy no longer supports
> it - and has stopped updating it now for close to 2 years. He has done
> this because of the different distros doing "their own thing" and he
> couldn't keep up with changing things to suit those distros.

Yes, I was aware that he no longer supports it... in fact, I more than half
thought that that would lead to its demise from *buntu, since that's been
given to me as an excuse in the past for the dropping of
otherwise-perfectly-functioning packages (KDevelop3 comes immediately to mind,
but there were others).

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR