[quantal] no audio with k9copy

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Dec 22 04:47:57 UTC 2012

On 22/12/12 02:20, D. R. Evans wrote:

> I didn't mention the subtitles, but "English" is checked there as well. So I
> think it has been configured correctly all along.
>
> And FWIW, yesterday I installed k9copy on a completely clean installation of
> quantal on a different computer; then I carefully went through every
> configuration screen I could find, settings things sensibly, and it behaved
> exactly the same way: still no audio.
>
> Does *anybody* here have k9copy working properly on quantal???
>
>    Doc

I have to ask the obvious question, or two: you do have sound when you
play a normal DVD? and do you have the correct codecs installed?

I am sending under a separate private message a copy of the config file
for k9copy for you use or compare. (Note that you will need to write in
your own login name in the path statements.)

(You should also be aware that the author of k9copy no longer supports
it - and has stopped updating it now for close to 2 years. He has done
this because of the different distros doing "their own thing" and he
couldn't keep up with changing things to suit those distros.

The only alternative to k9copy is to use stuff for Windows (like, say,
DVDFAB and others.)

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.9.4 & kernel 3.6.10-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor