Upgrading 12.10 to 13.04 Alpha 1

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 00:38:33 UTC 2012

Well you inspired me to try as well.

My advice is - if you use nvidia drivers, don't upgrade yet. It took me some time and a lot of Googlefu to sort out the mess the upgrade made. But it is a known bug, and it's definitely to do with the nvidia drivers. I can explain what I had to do, but it's late and it's far too dull to recount in detail unless somebody needs me to :)

Now I've sorted it out, my system appears to be running like lightning. First impressions, very good :)

Mark