Upgrading 12.10 to 13.04 Alpha 1

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Sun Dec 9 02:25:32 UTC 2012

On Sunday, December 09, 2012 12:03:59 PM Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Dec 2012 08:59:29 PM Bruce Marshall wrote:
> > > Is your email on IMAP?
> >
> > No
>
> Ah, so fresh start means losing your email history

Not so....

I had a failure of Kmail2 with 12.10 (forgot what) and I ended up saving my
.local/share/.local-xxxxxx  mail files and then moving them back to Kmail2.

I believe that once I got a new user set up, and added in all the various
folders I have, that I would be able to move the old mail into the folders
without a problem.  And if not, just a bit of wasted time and I give up moving
to a new user.

"186,000 miles per second:    It isn't just a good idea, it's the law!"