Nvidia driver problems

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Mon Aug 13 15:22:56 UTC 2012

On Monday, August 13, 2012 07:33:56 AM Nils Kassube wrote:
> Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> > Since applying system updates the other day I have been unable to get
> > my Nvidia driver to work, which means my GUI is all messed up. When
> >
> > I examined /var/log/Xorg.0.log I found the following error:
> >

> > failed to load the nvidia kernel module
> >

> > I've tried reinstalling the Nvidia drivers, but that didn't work.

It sounds as though you may have loaded the proprietary Nvidia driver???

I do the same, not liking at all what the nouveau drivers so...  (12.04)

But having done this, you need to re-install the nvidia drivers every time
there is a change to the kernel.  (not that often)

You said you re-installed...  but not which set of drivers...  i.e. where you
got them.