samba sharing

Errol Sapir errol at tzora.co.il
Fri Aug 3 14:05:03 UTC 2012

Hi Leslie Anne
We seem not only to share the frustrations with Samba but a past as
well. I am very recently retired (this month) as the IT administrator of
a high school's computers. The pension rules in this country (Israel) do
not allow Town Councils to have people on their payroll after pension
age. I was lucky to have my job extended by 2 years but now I am on
pension. I hope to still find a job in my field and have actually been
promised one. Anyway enough about that!
I have also had the Samba problem for years (sometimes it shares,
sometimes not) and I have always thought the problem was my not
configuring samba correctly. From what you say there is no "correct" way
of configuring Samba - at least in Kubuntu??? My friends say that Ubuntu
Samba sharing works for them but I really like KDE.
Anybody out there with solutions??

Errol